- What is Ready Games?
- Market Dynamics
- Product features
- Competitive Landscape
It’s simple to forget why web3 technologies are so promising. Fundamentally, the blockchain opens up a new mechanism for teams to organize and individuals to collaborate in a way that is much more distributed and elastic than what was previously possible with traditional modalities of work. Future gaming, player communities, and game development will all be significantly impacted by this.
For all parties involved, the technological transformation is thrilling, but it’s also new, intimidating, and still carries a lot of resistance for those looking to make the change. Ready Games makes it much easier for mainstream devs to endeavor into game-making by distributing tools and focusing on democratizing game creation.
What is Ready Games?
Ready is swiftly converting mobile web2 games to web3 in accordance with the guidelines of the Apple and Google app stores. This two-minute sizzle reel provides a good overview of Ready’s product and vision for democratizing access to web3 game creation.
Ready games is encouraging web2 game developers to investigate and migrate to web3, with the least amount of time and money spent on creation and “as usual” game distribution through conventional app stores.
Ready’s environment is the first of its kind and allows a full range of live operations for games on-chain while ensuring that developers adhere to the rules of app stores. Developers may simply launch a web3 game that complies with standards and understand right away how web3 gaming can add value to their gaming portfolio thanks to the easy integration of the shared utility token $AURA.
There were many developers who were already familiar with Ready and its tools, which decreased integration times. Developers of mobile games benefited from integration timelines of just five days in Ready’s Alpha version, from web2 to web3. Since the Alpha in July 2022, five publishers have joined the Ready ecosystem, with six games either live or in production, distributed on the Google and Apple mobile stores. The company is on track to hit over one million active web3 players by Q1 2023, making Ready one of the largest GameFi communities today.
Additionally, Ready welcomes artists, who can produce and post clothing, accessories, and other items that can be bought, sold, and exchanged within its games, with indirect benefits for players. By developing a Play and Own environment, Ready enables users to purchase items using traditional in-game currency.
GameFi is still a relatively new industry compared to the web2 gaming behemoth. The continuation of investment in and user activity in blockchain games, which has surpassed that of Defi, supports the premise that gaming and metaverse projects will be leaders in the upcoming cycle and onboard the next 100 million people to cryptocurrencies. The market has been growing quickly; as of right now, it has a token market cap of about $5 billion. Notably, GameFi networks have kept on succeeding despite the crypto cold. While the number of users has gone down recently, the industry registered increased investment figures compared to 2021 figures. Bitkraft states that Blockchain games is the fastest growing sub domain in the gaming industry and is projected to reach a $50 billion valuation by 2025.
Ready’s tools and solutions lower adoption hurdles for a hitherto untapped “mobile gaming” population for blockchain-based gaming by initially focusing on mobile-first technology. They aim to address certain fundamental issues that numerous development teams and studios have identified:
- Managing Social Game Economies: Providing all the infrastructure required to manage players and the elements of a developed social game economy, allowing for the quick deployment of casual PvP multiplayer games.
- Cross game interoperability: The capacity of a person to switch between games while maintaining their identity, buddy lists, and acquired items like “cosmetics” (skins, accessories, clothing), “achievements,” and so forth, all consolidated into a single persistent profile.
- Building a user-generated content (UGC) market: The success of many “free to play” games depends on the successful implementation of a UGC market. Creators are compensated for their work by advertising their works for sale, with the host game receiving a share of sales, for everything from customising game levels and goods to making avatar cosmetics.
A simplification of each step in the pipeline, which Ready feels is essential for the widespread adoption of blockchain-based gaming, has been substantially made possible by the following features:
- Developers: A straightforward SDK that first worked with Unity 3D, the most popular mobile gaming engine, and gives users access to a straightforward set of API functions. Real-time dashboards give the game developer access to metrics for the game as well as “live operations,” such as management of blockchain components.
- Creators: The option to create avatar cosmetics and start a minting process to attach the item to an NFT is now available through in-game authoring tools that can be accessed through mobile devices. Developers can access the creation modules through the SDK.
- Players: changing the comparison between a “wallet” and a “certified profile.” The process of verifying a profile using cryptography involves binding the profile to an NFT so that it can inherit wallet-related features. This makes it possible for transactions to show up inside of metaphors like “my inventory” or “my purchases” in the future.
The main aim of democratizing access to games and game content development is fulfilled to a large extent by the deployment of a utility token with governance powers, related to RGN. The token $AURA is designed in a way that prioritises the ecosystem’s interests, including fixed issuance, governance rights, incentives for early adoption, support for NFT minting at low cost and large scale, decreased transaction friction, and tracking ownership between games..
The value proposition that Ready Games offers is substantially different from other players in the market. The value proposition can be bucketed into five main segments-
- Game Devs – Ready games will help save time and money on game delivery. Developers may totally concentrate on creating fantastic games that will produce high-margin in-game income.
- Game Players – They assist players with managing their Web3 profiles and cryptocurrency wallets. They also assist them in legally owning their profiles and digital assets on the web 3.
- Content Creators – With the use of mobile creation tools (UGC) and whitelable NFT marketplaces, they assist in saving time and money for content creators while producing interoperable game content.
- Ecosystem Partners – Give them access to top-notch clients and aid in the creation of a pipeline of new business opportunities.
- Marketers – Help the marketers in identifying high value web3 game players by providing them access to mobile player ecosystem
With a mobile-first, approachable strategy that appeals to a broad audience, Ready fosters diversity and inclusivity within its own team while also supporting initiatives and developing tools that enable diverse representation.
David S. Bennahum (Chairman & CEO) A Harvard graduate, David is an exuberant entrepreneur, founding and serving as a part of the executive team at two media startups and Kandu, a no-code platform for kids. David is currently also an advisor at Alpha Venture Partners and ranked “Legendary” in Call of Duty Mobile
Christina Macedo (COO): Christina has been in the technology industry for ten years and coming from a legal background, her product ethos has always been to democratize access to technology for everyone. Starting with the use of digital contracts and signatures in the Canadian real estate industry, gamifying human resources tools, and promoting inclusive game development technologies
Martin Cormier (CTO): Ever since discovering BBSes as a kid- the precursor to the internet – Martin has been motivated by connecting people together. Through technological revolutions, from cloud services to A.I. and now web3, Martin’s goal remains bringing bleeding edge technologies to a larger audience.
The possibility presented by Web3 allows for both consumer empowerment and developer and creator assistance. Ready Games goal is to establish an environment that will allow for the potential of distributed wealth creation.An environment that is shared by all people enables everyone who wants to grow to do so, as well as everyone who wants to create and play to do so.
Worldwide, there are more than 3+ billion mobile gamers; Ready is capturing this market, which is currently a sizable untapped opportunity in Web3. We at Mapleblock are excited to back such thoughtful and determined founders building the leading web3 mobile gaming and user generated content ecosystem. Along with their ability to seamlessly onboard a wide spectrum of games and content, their in-depth understanding of developers, creator communities, and players will accelerate mass adoption of blockchain-based gaming.